3.04-1 & MyParty

Sander Jonkers felker at GMX.NET
Mon Jan 28 19:25:05 GMT 2002

> At 15:22 28/01/2002, you wrote:
> >Will 3.04-1 protect against MyParty by itself or does it need an
> >up-to-date anti-virus database and tools as well?
>
> It will still need an up-to-date anti-virus database. If you can't get
> that, I would advise you switch vendors the next chance you get :-)

Hmm, the updated f-prot does not know MyParty:

[root at sanderold root]# /usr/local/f-prot/f-prot -virlist | grep -i myparty

Other Parties are present:

[root at sanderold root]# /usr/local/f-prot/f-prot -virlist | grep -i party
No_Party.519
WParty.557.A
WParty.557.B
WParty.558
IRC/Party.A
VBS/Party.A at mm

Proof that f-prot has been updated:

[root at sanderold root]# /usr/local/f-prot/f-prot -virlist | head -5
SIGN.DEF created 28. January 2002
SIGN2.DEF created 28. January 2002
MACRO.DEF created 16. January 2002
2-up.6000