EMERGENCY: MyParty

Quentin Campbell Q.G.Campbell at NEWCASTLE.AC.UK
Mon Jan 28 17:14:06 GMT 2002

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002, Julian Field wrote:

> At 13:52 28/01/2002, you wrote:
> >I applied the fix to sendmail.pl (3.03-1) but on my systems I get the
> >following message when restarting MailScanner:
> >
> >   Not a SCALAR reference at /opt/mailscanner/bin/sendmail.pl line 67.
>
> My sendmail.pl line 67 is in the middle of a long comment... Please can you
> show us a bit of the surrounding code? The function definition you want is
> around line 689 of sendmail.pl, not line 67.

[snip]

Julian

I have dealt with this by upgrading to 3.04-1. But to answer your request
here is the context in sendmail.pl around line 67:

---- cut here

    54  sub FindMessagesToProcess {
    55    my($InQueueDir, $OutDir, $RClean, $RDirty, $MessagesInfo,
    56       $RDirtyMsgs, $RDirtyBytes) = @_;
    57    local(*QUEUE);
    58    my($file, $id, $RHeaders, $MsgInfo);
    59    my($CleanMsgs, $DirtyMsgs, $CleanBytes, $DirtyBytes);
    60    my($HitLimit1, $HitLimit2, $HitLimit3, $HitLimit4);
    61    my(%ModDate, @SortedFiles);
    62    # necessary because otherwise we need to pass a reference to
    63    # *QFFILE before it exists... apparently this is OK in perl 5.6,
    64    # but not in 5.005...
    65    my $QfFile = new FileHandle;
    66
**  67    $$RDirtyMsgs = 0;
    68    $$RDirtyBytes = 0;
    69    @$RClean = ();
    70    @$RDirty = ();
    71    %$MessagesInfo = {};
    72
    73    opendir QUEUE, $InQueueDir or return undef;
    74
    75    # Read in all the modification dates of the qf files, and use them in
date order

---- cut here

Quentin Campbell (postmaster)
--
PHONE: +44 191 222 8209     Computing Service, University of Newcastle
FAX:   +44 191 222 8765     Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.