MyParty / MailScanner

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jan 28 15:35:16 GMT 2002

At 15:17 28/01/2002, you wrote:
>Ok, there has to be a diffrent way. My mail server can not keep up with the
>load now. I do about 45000 messages a day, im currently running queue,
>should i try run in background like was previously suggested? i never had
>over 100 messages in my mqueue.in now i have over 1000.

"Deliver in Background = yes" makes no sense with "queue" delivery mode, as
there's nothing to run in the background in that case. So that change alone
won't help you. Try "Delivery Method = batch" and "Deliver in Background =
yes".

Your other alternative is to implement a subject-line trap in your MTA to
block this particular virus, switch "Scan All Messages" to no and think
about the setup some more.

                             Southampton SO17 1BJ