EMERGENCY: MyParty

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jan 28 13:02:27 GMT 2002

At 12:39 28/01/2002, you wrote:
>The MyParty virus is not being caught by MailScanner.
>
>I am in the process of issuing a fix for this, which will be version
>3.04-1. Everyone should upgrade to this version. Those not wanting to
>upgrade, but merely wanting a fix for their current code should see the
>website News and a simple fix is a 1-line change.
>
>Sorry about this folks, they caught me out on an optimisation :-(

I have now released 3.04-1.

There is one new configuration variable "Scan All Messages" which forces it
to even scan plain-text messages which were previously thought to be
perfectly harmless (and have proved to be until now). The default is "yes"
so don't worry if you forget to update your mailscanner.conf.

This will unfortunately cause an increase in the system load on your
MailScanner servers, as now every plain-text message will be scanned as
well as every MIME message.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ