Running SA individually is better?

Paul hyooga at WT.NET
Mon Jan 28 03:26:58 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have been using MailScanner 3.03 with SA 1.5. I am just running SA1.5
with Spamd without using MailScanner to call it. I have also noticed a
30%-40% performance increase by running SA individually. When i was
running MailScanner with SA1.5 I have turned off RBL check. I sometimes
notice a hugh delay. Now i am having about 3-10 sec delay which is very
acceptable. This is one of the very high traffic mail server that i am
testing on :)
With the other slow traffic, the combination with Mailscanner and SA works
find. I am also using sendmail -q1m with "queue" method to dispatch the
mail and running outgoing mail in background process. Any suggests? How
about upgrading to SA2.0? I am also running on Perl 5.0053 version. I
tested on 5.6.0 and 5.6.1 and they are slower than 5.0053. Am i doing
something wrong?

Thanks

Paul

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Gene Ruebsamen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Just installed MailScanner over the weekend and I love it!  I've been
> using SpamAssassin for the past few weeks; however, I have been using
> the daemonized version of SpamAssassin (spamd), and calling spamc to
> test the messages.
>
> It's quite a bit faster than calling the SpamAssassin perl script every
> time to check e-mails.  Now that MailScanner has SA support, is there a
> way to get MailScanner to use spamc instead of the spamassassin perl
> script?  Right now, I've disabled SA support in MailScanner and am using
> spamc separately with procmail; however, I'd like to enable SA support
> in MailScanner.  Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gene Ruebsamen
> dangerous content, and is believed to be clean.

dangerous content and is found to be clean.