SpamAssassin 2.0 - beware of old spamassassin.cf file!

Michael Chaney mdchaney at MICHAELCHANEY.COM
Sun Jan 27 16:05:27 GMT 2002

On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 11:08:13AM +0000, Nick Phillips wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 26, 2002 at 01:32:58PM -0600, Michael Chaney wrote:
>
> > I was thinking that it would make sense to use Vipul's Razor in
> > mailscanner, and then not run the message through SA if it hits there.
> > The razor is much quicker than SA, and hits on generally 50% of all
> > spam that I get (my file with 354 spams had only 130 that it didn't
> > recognize), which means that we could speed this up greatly by only
> > calling SA for half the spam.
>
> Problem being that apparently Vipul's Razor regularly flags, for example,
> Debian Security Alerts as spam...
>
> ...so it's probably better off staying within the spamassassin scoring
> framework.

For now, yes.  They are working out the issues that will stop idiots
from reporting Debian Security Alerts, Bugtraq, etc. as spam.  As it is
now, somebody's just doing a low-grade DoS attack on it.

Michael
--
Michael Darrin Chaney
mdchaney at michaelchaney.com