[SAtalk] 2.01 released (fwd)

Gerry Doris gerry at DORFAM.CA
Fri Jan 25 13:17:23 GMT 2002

For those not on the spamassassin list...they updated 2.00 already!

Gerry
--
"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne" Chaucer

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 15:47:02 +1100
From: Justin Mason <jm at jmason.org>
To: SpamAssassin-talk at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [SAtalk] 2.01 released

OK, compromise ;)

Here's 2.01, a bugfix release for 2.0, since whitelist_to etc. were
not working.

        http://SpamAssassin.org/downloads.html

changes:

  - whitelist_to did not work with multiple To or CC addresses. fixed.

  - ^M's in headers are now ignored, for compatibility with MUAs and
    filtering packages

  - spamd was not cleaning defunct processes on some platforms

  - no longer requires Net::DNS in Makefile.PL

  - CTYPE_JUST_HTML score toned down to avoid false positives

  - all-caps SUBJECT/Subject header now handled correctly

  - forgot to mention for 2.0: there's a 'Mail Filtered With SpamAssassin'
    button PNG now, as well ;)

Local delivery is still the default, instead of "-P", as I don't want to
make that change in a bugfix release. Sorry Duncan.  In the meantime,
stick with that modification in the Debian package, I think...

Also, I haven't applied Andrew K's patch for spamc to handle EXT and HOST;
I'd prefer to do that in the 2.1 devel tree.

--j.

--
'Justin Mason' => { url => 'http://jmason.org/', blog => 'http://taint.org/' }