Per-domain scanning control

Rose, Bobby brose at MED.WAYNE.EDU
Wed Jan 23 03:34:27 GMT 2002

I concur on the sending notice to the postmaster for remote domain. Oh
the poor aol.com postmasters well just be crying.  Ha!

-----Original Message-----
From: Gene & Mary LeDuc [mailto:leduc at CTS.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 9:11 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Per-domain scanning control

I wouldn't have much use for per-domain scanning, but then I only have 2
domains that I collect mail for.

What I'd _really_ like is an option to send virus alerts back to the
remote
(originating) mail server's postmaster (in addition to the sender).  I
fell in love with this feature when I was trying out the sophos e-mail
scanner. Several of our lists were getting fire-hosed by a clueless soul
with sircam and a verizon broadband connection.  The user's e-mail
account was locked because it was full, so alerts sent to the user were
bouncing.  In addition to the wasted alerts to the sender, though, the
scanner sent several hundred sircam alerts back to the
postmaster at verizon.net.  I'm sure it was the barrage of auto-alerts to
them that finally got them to do something about the offender.