Question - Feature request ?

Sveinn G. Gunnarsson sveinn at SVEINNG.COM
Tue Jan 22 21:32:00 GMT 2002

> > What's the point here?
> >
> > Why is this a needed feature?
>
> Because not all of my customers will want to pay for commercial virus
> scanning, and I'm surely not going to pay for it myself.  So, those who
> pay get Sophpos, those who don't get all the other checks.

This is exactly why I asked about this feature in the first place!
And for us, who are operating on the ISP level, this is a big issue.

As far as I am concerned after analyzing our mailflow, I think it is fully
acceptable that in the situation of multiple recipients, that the original
mail is scanned, even if that means, that a few freebies get their mail
scanned every once in a while.

If this feature is then found to be useful and needed, it could then be
developed further down the road, including stuff like queue ids.

Sveinn G. Gunnarsson
System administrator

Islandssimi hf.
www.islandssimi.is