Question - Feature request ?

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jan 22 18:58:58 GMT 2002

At 18:53 22/01/2002, you wrote:
>On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Julian Field wrote:
> > What about delivery of postmaster messages, spam tagging, etc..?
>
>The issue of multiple recipients is a red herring.  Handling each
>recipient as if it were it's own e-mail would not dramatically increase
>the number of messages checked for most systems.

But I have to start generating my own queue ids for new messages, which I
had wanted to avoid if possible. It varies with sendmail version for
starters, not to say that it is of course totally different between
sendmail and Exim. Any suggestions for coping with this problem? We could
start with 3 algorithms and run sendmail to find its version number and
choose the appropriate algorithm I guess.
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ