Sendmail Logs

Christopher Hicks chicks at CHICKS.NET
Mon Jan 21 15:27:27 GMT 2002

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Kelly Hamlin wrote:

> on another note, when i did the updates with CPAN it installed 5.6.1
> of perl, is it possible it didnt install sys::syslog?

More likely you have conflicting versions of perl running around on your
machine.  CPAN isn't supposed to upgrade perl.  That it did is accidental,
not intentional - there have been several CPAN bugs where it failed to
recognize the core perl distribution as such.  A clean install of perl
from rpm or src might be in order.  Make sure you get rid of all remnants
of your old and new perl before you do that.

On Red Hat machines I generally reinstall CPAN.pm before anything else,
log out of the CPAN shell, and back in.  That seems to get around the core
distribution recognition problem.

--
</chris>

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a good book.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."   -  Groucho Marx