ANNOUNCE: Version 3.03-1 released

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jan 17 18:10:23 GMT 2002

At 17:40 17/01/2002, you wrote:
>Julian, I always see an error when installing mailscanner.  It shows as
>
>Unterminated C<...> at line 143 in mail/Cap.pm

What's "mail/Cap.pm"? Is this when using the RPM distribution? I haven't
changed the versions of the Perl modules in there. Check you haven't got a
corrupted file by any chance.

The file is in the MailTools perl module (Mail/Cap.pm). Line 143 is just
documentation so it shouldn't affect the operation (unless it completely
stops the module installing).

Can you give me a bit more of the previous output before this error, so I
can see what it's trying to do when the error occurs?

Does it stop MailScanner actually installing? Or is it just printed as a
warning?
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ