Weirdnesses in McAfee autoupdate

Stuart Luppescu s-luppescu at UCHICAGO.EDU
Tue Jan 15 15:03:34 GMT 2002

On 火, 2002-01-15 at 02:57, Julian Field wrote:
> At 22:26 14/01/2002, you wrote:
> > to be
> > >
> > > But I haven't touch the mcafee autoupdate script in months...
> >
> >revision 1.1
> >date: 2001/12/13 18:25:07;  author: jkf;  state: Exp;
> >branches:  1.1.2;
> >Added McAfee autoupdate script with some bug-fixes from a user.
> >

> >That would I guess have first gone out in 3.0.
>
> I stand corrected. I have changed the code back again (removed some
> brackets from lines 115-116) and will put it in the next release.
>
> The only interesting part of the diff was this:
> 114,115c115,116
> < unlink $DATlink if -l $DATlink;
> < symlink $DATdir, $DATlink;
> ---
>  > unlink($DATlink) if -l $DATlink;
>  > symlink($DATdir, $DATlink);

Sorry, but this still doesn't fix it. When I run the script I get this
message:
A target has not been specified for scanning!
/usr/local/mcafee/dat/

/usr/local/mcafee/20020115
It seems that it's happening at line 89, and then, because of the error,
it's not even getting down to line 115 where it makes the symlinks, but
I don't have the facility in perl to be sure.
Stuart Luppescu -=- s-luppescu at uchicago.edu
University of Chicago -=- CCSR
才文と智奈美の父 -=-    Kernel 2.4.14-xfs
"Call immediately.  Time is running out.  We both
 need to do something monstrous before we die." --
 Message from Ralph Steadman to Hunter Thompson