SpamAssassin Problems

Gerry Doris gerry at DORFAM.CA
Tue Jan 15 01:56:22 GMT 2002

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Scott Farrell wrote:

> Read the doco that comes with it (probably REAME), I think I remember that
> one is supposed to fail.
>
> regards
> Scott Farrell

I think we're talking aobut two different things???

After I install SpamAssassin it passes the two tests that they suggest in
the docs ie.  the ones that go:

spamassassin -t < sample-nospam.txt > nospam.out
and
spamassassin -t < sample-spam.txt > spam.out

However, I can't get SpamAssassin to install at all using CPAN because
that install automatically runs the "make test" command and several spamd
tests fail.  Installing the gz file by hand and skipping the "make test"
command and just using "make install" will install the program and it
seems to work.

Going back and doing a "make test" will also fail a number of spamd tests
though.  This is what is making me nervous.

Gerry