Unreadable multipart MIME messages

Nick Phillips nwp at LEMON-COMPUTING.COM
Tue Jan 15 00:02:10 GMT 2002

On Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 05:12:26PM -0600, Michael Chaney wrote:

> > > Undefined subroutine &main::DieLog called at
> > > /usr/local/MailScanner/bin/mailscanner line 288.
> >
> > I've fixed this. Doesn't do any harm besides not giving a more helpful
> > error message, so nothing to worry about.
>
> This error got me, too.  What's the fix?

At the bottom of the main mailscanner script, the package name ("Log")
needs to be added to the subroutine call.

If it got you, it means that mailscanner doesn't have permission to
re-exec itself (that's the message it was trying to give you when it died).

And if you've set the maximum number of messages per run to 1000, that also
explains why it's dying after 999 messages.

Cheers,

Nick

Nick Phillips -- nwp at lemon-computing.com
It was all so different before everything changed.