SYSERR(root): Cannot reopen dfTAA01831

Evert Jan van Ramselaar evertjan at VANRAMSELAAR.NET
Mon Jan 14 17:36:23 GMT 2002

Thanks for reminding me to STFLA (Search The Fine List Archive). :D

I found this message:

------------------------
Date:         Wed, 12 Dec 2001 14:40:09 +0100
From:         Stephan Effertz
Subject:      Antwort: Message size query

I've had the same problem with SuSE 6.4 running sendmail 8.9.x   (Not sure
about the exact version).
After installing the sendmail.rpm from SuSE 7.0  (sendmail 8.11.x -
available as update for SuSE 7.0 - ) the error went away. Additionally
I've added file locking to mailscanner.conf (flock). Looks like sendmail
8.9 releases file locks while receiving mails before they are completed.
So mailscanner "grabs" these files and sendmail come's up with the file
re-open error.
regards,
Stephan

Looks like my situation, and I upgraded Sendmail to v8.11.0. I did not yet
uncomment the file locking option in the MailScanner config though.

I hope this will fix the problem. Thanks for your help.

--
  Evert Jan van Ramselaar  <evertjan at vanramselaar.net>
  Van Ramselaar Info Tech  <http://www.vanramselaar.nl>

___