Mailscanner with f-prot dying

Kul akaKul at QAX.ORG
Fri Jan 11 15:28:16 GMT 2002

I am also getting the same message, starting today.  (no definition file
update since the 8th, so nothing had changed for 24-48 hours)

I have downloaded a fresh copy of the definition files, just incase one
became corrupt, but this wa no help :(

Restarted mailscanner/sendmail countless times, but it always dies quickly,
leaving 63 messages stuck in mqueue.in

I have now turned off(shutdown) mailscanner temporarily till a fix/solution
can be found/is available, and ran sendmail on its own again.
Also moved the mqueue.in dir contents to mqueue and now have the customers
off my back as they can now read there mails and leave me in peace :P

I can offer files/mails/headers etc. from my machine if required for
analysis, and will even concider allowing shell access (if that would help)
to mailscanner team.

PS, many thanks for Julian comming into the irc at irc.uk2raq.com a few days
ago and helping us (500 of us that is) out conciderably with
mailscanner/f-prot with this absolutly essential tool.  Much appreciated!!

Kul