{SPAM?} {insecure email} re:email failure reports

Scott Farrell sfarrell at ICCONSULTING.COM.AU
Tue Jan 8 05:24:29 GMT 2002

This is what it looked like (in my commercial package, less some of the
formatting):

Am I correct in assumming that I was the target of the spam?

Delivery Failure Report

Your document: There are two advantages to utilizing a how to article $$
was not delivered to:    vances at iscdn.mcgill.ca; villegas at iscdn.mcgill.ca;
wallaces at iscdn.mcgill.ca; waynechef at iscdn.mcgill.ca;
walterl at iscdn.mcgill.ca; vallve at iscdn.mcgill.ca; yatesc at iscdn.mcgill.ca;
ws135 at iscdn.mcgill.ca; wmott at iscdn.mcgill.ca; yao at iscdn.mcgill.ca;
valeri at iscdn.mcgill.ca; yanbing at iscdn.mcgill.ca; wak at iscdn.mcgill.ca;
youngie at iscdn.mcgill.ca; williamp at iscdn.mcgill.ca; walstib at iscdn.mcgill.ca;
uthman at iscdn.mcgill.ca; walkerjm at iscdn.mcgill.ca; yana at iscdn.mcgill.ca;
yeman at iscdn.mcgill.ca; ve at iscdn.mcgill.ca; ygge at iscdn.mcgill.ca;
vsafuto at iscdn.mcgill.ca; wcs at iscdn.mcgill.ca; wdsmith at iscdn.mcgill.ca;
whitewolf at iscdn.mcgill.ca
because:  Enhanced Mail System Status Code (RFC1893): 5.1.2

     To:  bobash at i-o.net.au              cc:
     Date:     07:54:43 PM PST Yesterday
               Subject:  There are two advantages to utilizing a how to
article $$

 THE #1 Way To Reach " MILLIONS " Online With No
 Competition In Sight !!

IF YOU HAVE A PRODUCT, service or message you would like
sent to the Internet MILLIONS, you have an INCREDIBLE
option...DIRECT E-MAIL !

IF YOUR LIKE SO MANY OTHERS, you've tried free classifieds,
websites, banners, e-zines, search engines and have
found that it can take thousands of visitors, can be
expensive and iffy, or you can be easily buried with
thousands of others.

NOW, WHAT WORKS HANDS DOWN?

DO YOU KNOW HOW TO USE E MAIL?  Of course,
You're on the internet contacting friends and colleagues.
If you find sending e-mail easy and have failed at
promoting your business, or just simply want to reach
MILLIONS of prospects, then you should be making
money "HAND OVER FIST" with DIRECT E-MAIL !!

For A product that sells for around $25.-$35
here's an example of the CASH you can generate
on the internet 24 hours a day, seven days a week,
or even better, WHILE YOU SLEEP !

Day 1/14th Day/21st Day/30th Day/Yearly:
1)   $210.00/$840.00/$10,080.00
2)   $420.00/$1,680.00/$20,160.00
10) $2,100.00/$8,400.00/$100,000.00
15) $3,150.00/$12,600.00/$151,200.00

         YOU GET THE PICTURE !!

WANT PROOF?
"Thanks.  In two (2) weeks your e-mail program has
turned my computer into a cash register." Seth J.Kochorin

"Blows away traditional mailings."
  Advertising Age Magazine

We have available for the next (2) day,s only:
Over 15 MILLION INCREDIBLE e-mail addresses on
CD-ROM.  This will include a variety of recipients
(general) such as United States, mixed domains,
Canadian, international, business owners, MLM,
investors, opp. seekers, internet buyers, etc, etc.
We will deliver to you e-mail addresses on the CD-ROM.
This will allow you to use these addresses IMMEDIATELY !

THIS IS WHAT WE'RE SENDING YOU IF ORDERED
IN THE NEXT (48) HOUR,S, ONLY:

1)  Receive the CD-ROMS  with (20) MILLIONS  of
     deliverable general Internet e-mail addresses.
2)  The bulk delivery software (bulk mass mailer)
     aka "THE CADILLAC."  #1 on-line today.
3)  #1 Money Makeing Opportunity On Line Today,
      Ready For "Bulk E Mail Immediately........

THIS IS A ONE-TIME OFFER  TO QUALIFIED
PROSPECTS AND WILL NOT LAST LONG FOR
THIS  " DREAM COME TRUE"  E-MAIL PACKAGE
AT THE INCREDIBLE INVESTMENT OF ONLY $99.95

THIS IS VALUED AT OVER $400.00 ON-LINE TODAY
(savings of $300.00), AND IF THAT'S NOT ENOUGH,
WE'LL EVEN THROW IN THE " INFORMATIONAL
INSTRUCTIONS " ON MASS E-MAIL MARKETING.
YOU NEED TO GET STARTED QUICK !!

HOWEVER, YOU MUST ACT IN THE NEXT (2) BUSINESS
DAY,S TO RECEIVE THIS SPECIAL ONE-TIME MARK DOWN...

WANT QUICK SERVICE?  YOU HAVE TWO (2)
are available 9:00 am to 11:00 pm EST and would be
more than happy to take your call. CALL NOW:

              TOLL FREE:  1-877-711-4400
 ( Order Only,This Is Not A Q&A Line Or Tech Support )

2)  NOW AVAILABLE FOR THE FIRST TIME THE ALL
NEW 100% SECURE/ALL DIGITAL SPEED
PAY FAX SYSTEM CAN PROCESS YOUR REQUEST.  FOR
YOUR CONVENIENCE FAX TO : 1-253-660-1235

We accept Visa, Mastercard, Western Union and check
debit 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week.  Credit
card orders, please include your name as it appears on
the card, the billing address and the exp. date and
telephone number.  If paying by check, please include
the bank, check # and the long stream of numbers from
left to right that appear at the bottom of the check.  PLEASE
HAVE YOUR MAJOR CREDIT CARD OR CHECK BOOK
HANDY WHEN CALLING TO PLACE YOUR ORDER.

If we have reached you in error and you would like to
be removed, reply to: removeme at hotmail.com

Thank you for spending time with us today,  we look forward
to proving that e-mail marketing can make thousands of
dollars in just a short period.  Your neighbors may think
you've " HIT THE LOTTERY "

 Special Note: Now The Most Incrediable " Ground Floor"
 Opportunity Is Available To The general Public And Will Not
 Last Long ! The NEW Resellers Program Is Brand New
 (30 days) We Pay Weekly And Thats GUARANTEED !

 Positions Are Limited And Enrollment Will Not Last Long
 So Don,t Delay ,You May Never See This Again !!