Stopping delivery feature???

Tim Tyler tyler at beloit.edu
Mon Jan 7 21:36:43 GMT 2002

Mailscanner experts,
   While its nice that attachments can be stripped of their viruses, many
viruses today act in a DoS manner by simply sending a volume of messages.
Its not uncommon for a virus on a desktop to send thousands of the same
virus message to the same recipient.  I don't mind the ability to send a
message back to the sender/author.  But what I would really like is the
ability to dump the entire message from ever getting to the recipient and
only send back a message to the sender stating "undelivered email due to
virus... etc".  Its really annoying for a recipient to get over a thousand
messages all stating that your message has been cleaned, etc.  Its my
opinion that the sender is responsible for sending clean messages and if it
finds a virus, then it should reject it just like a bad username or hostname
would.
  Correct me if I am wrong, but I didn't see this as an option.  Is it
possible to get this incorporated as an option?  I would think others after
experiencing this problem might like this feature as well.
  Tim

--
Tim Tyler
Network Manager - Beloit College