mailscanner dying

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Jan 7 05:54:31 GMT 2002

If someone is prepared to give me login and root access on one of these
machines where MailScanner is dying, I can do some investigations. But
without that, I just can't reproduce the problem :-(

Any offers please?

At 06:21 07/01/2002, you wrote:
>I am getting a similar result. The mailscanner perl task just vanishes.
>It was occuring on plaintext emails (that aren't scanned) and ones with
>attachments (scanned with innoculate). The innoculate part works fine.
>under Debug=1, I ran the /usr/local/MailScanner/bin/check_mailscanner.linux
>directly, and saw a few segfaults in line 50, which is the close if I
>think, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

>This is perl, v5.6.0 built for i386-linux

This is exactly the same version I am running, but under RedHat 7.1 instead
of your 7.2
                             Southampton SO17 1BJ