Can't get spam checking working?

Gerry Doris gerry at DORFAM.CA
Mon Jan 7 03:03:35 GMT 2002

On Sun, 6 Jan 2002, Julian Field wrote:
> At this point is the mailscanner process still running? What's the last few
> mailscanner lines in your maillog when this happens?

My maillog shows mailscanner checked a test message being sent from my
system.  There is no other mention of mailscanner after that.  sendmail is
still running but mailscanner has disappeared.

> You may well need to upgrade your version of Perl, a few people are seeing
> Perl core-dump due to internal bugs in Perl itself.

I upgrade my verison of perl today to 5.61 using CPAN.  I also installed
Bundle::CPAN to be sure everything was up to date.  This is what I was
running when I got the above results today.  This is the same as I've been
getting with the new version.  There are no error messages anywhere.

Gerry
--
"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne" Chaucer