Upgrading to 3.11-1 with RPM

Sander Jonkers (grachtzicht.cjb.net) sander at GRACHTZICHT.CJB.NET
Sat Feb 16 21:30:06 GMT 2002

On Sat, 16 Feb 2002, Steve Evans wrote:

> I'm currently running 3.x and I want to upgrade to 3.11-1.  I ran rpm -U
> mailscanner.rpm and it overwrote my /usr/local/MailScanner/etc
> directory.  Is there any way to keep that from happening with the RPM?

This was discussed a few days ago regarding mailscanner.conf, wasn't it? I
believe it had to do with RPM itself and with new keyword in new
mailscanner versions.

> Should I just backup the /etc directory and then copy those files back
> in after I run the package?

For example. And after that check what new keywords are in the new files.

Sander