strange error... any idea?

Miguel Koren O´ Brien de Lacy miguelk at KONSULTEX.COM.BR
Wed Feb 13 22:01:16 GMT 2002

Another thing you may want to look at is if your installation requires a
"reverse dns lookup" for accepting mails. I not sure though where in
sendmail this is configured :-(  Of course it could also be that a firewall
is in place and blocking that ip? Check your end and their end of it. Ask
them to do a "telnet your_ip 25" and see what comes up. Try this also to
their ip and see what you get.

A few months ago we had the type you describe when sending mails to eds.com
and it was because our old IP happened to be in a spam list in the uunet
block (not mailscanner related). The problem went away when we switched
netblocks in november.

Miguel