Mcafee AutoUpdate Script

Lawrence E. Bartash/NPCUSA Engineering lawbar at NPCUSA.COM
Fri Feb 8 21:30:57 GMT 2002

OK If you're a brave sole try this.

Edit the autoupdate script

---------------------
# if we've got this far then the update works so link it to
# where the virus scanner will look for it

chdir $mcafeeroot or &BailOut("Cannot cd $mcafeeroot, $!");
my($OldLinkTarget) = readlink $DATlink;
&LockMcafee();
system("$rm -f $DATlink");
system("ln -s $DATdir $DATlink");
#unlink $DATlink;
#symlink $DATdir, $DATlink;

Find the lines above that do the unlink and symlink and put #'s in front of
them. Insert system calls like I show above. Save the autoupdate script. rm
-Rf the existing 20020208 dat directory and run ./autoupdate from the
command line again.

If the rm -f $DATlink has a problem the system call will show an error to
stderr (console).
If the ln -s $DATdir $DATlink has a problem you will see that error as well.

Let us know the output exactly!