Using wildcards in domain names

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Dec 31 15:58:43 GMT 2002

At 15:33 31/12/2002, you wrote:
>Our server gets a lot of crap from domains with offers.com e.g.
>powerfuloffers.com and simpleoffers.com. Rather that using /etc/mail/access
>to DENY the domains can I use the MailScanner spam.actions.conf to delete
>any inbound traffic from @*offers.com or @??????offers.com ?

This is not easily done with version 3, but it can be done easily in 4.

If using version 4, then setup a spam blacklist with
Is Definitely Spam = /etc/MailScanner/rules/spam.blacklist.rules
in your MailScanner.conf. Then in the spam.blacklist.rules file, put
From:   *@*offers.com   yes
FromOrTo:       default no

--
Julian Field