Help with rules

Matthew Bowman mbowman at UDCOM.COM
Mon Dec 30 21:40:12 GMT 2002

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Barry - you have the concept right, however I think the order should be

To: user1 at mydomain no
To: user2 at mydomain no
To: *@mydomain yes

Regards,

Matthew K Bowman,
Systems Administrator
UDCom

                    Barry Andersson
                    <barry at COATINGS.NE       To:     MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
                    T.AU>                    cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     Help with rules
                    MailScanner
                    mailing list
                    <MAILSCANNER at JISCM
                    AIL.AC.UK>

                    12/30/2002 04:32
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    MailScanner
                    mailing list

Hi,

I want users to be able to "opt in" to virus and spam filtering so need to
set the rules files to allow this. I was wondering how the rules files are
processed, that is, does each successive line override any previous line.

For example, in spam.whitelist.rules: