Error initialising detection engine

Darrin Powell dpowell at LSSI.NET
Fri Dec 20 19:21:41 GMT 2002

I recently upgraded from MailScanner V 4.05-3 to 4.10-1 and notice the
following error when starting mailscanner. This error is only walled to
the xterm that I run the restart in and is not found in any of the logs.
I am running RH 7.3 with Sophos sweep December version. Does any know
what could be going wrong here. sweep seems to be running fine when I
run it manually.

[root at www:/var/spool/mqueue.in]# /etc/rc.d/init.d/MailScanner restart
Shutting down MailScanner daemons:
         MailScanner:                                      [  OK  ]
         incoming sendmail:                                [  OK  ]
         outgoing sendmail:                                [  OK  ]
Starting MailScanner daemons:
         incoming sendmail:                                [  OK  ]
         outgoing sendmail:                                [  OK  ]
         MailScanner:                                      [  OK  ]
[root at www:/var/spool/mqueue.in]# Error initialising detection engine -
missing part of virus data
Error initialising detection engine - missing part of virus data
Error initialising detection engine - missing part of virus data
Error initialising detection engine - missing part of virus data
Error initialising detection engine - missing part of virus data

Thanks in advance
Darrin