Web Interface

Gavin Nelmes-Crocker gavin at NETERGY.COM
Wed Dec 18 19:07:26 GMT 2002

> Gavin Nelmes-Crocker wrote:
> >>Is your interface mainly for editing MailScanner.conf or will it also
> >>allow you to edit rules files, etc.?
> >>
> >>Are you going to try and allow an email user to modify their settings?
> >>Settings being: viruscan, spam filter, spam score, spam action, etc.
> >

> > what we have done for the virusscan rules and others is use a mysql
> > database - put a php frontend and then use some php running as cron
> jobs to
> > create the actual files from the database then do a Mailscanner
> reload and
> > its all updated.  I suppose you could do the same the mailscanner
> config but
> > it would be a long winded way of doing it as there is lots of stuff
> that you
> > never change.
> >

> Any chance that you might be able to release these scripts?

yep absolutely - I have only been able to put the system together due to
Julian's hard work and the help of this list community when asked.

Releasing the scripts is the least I can do - let me tidy them up (i.e.
remove logons and passwords and make some of the stuff more obvious) and
I'll post them later tonight along with a brief how to.  Its actually really
easy just a bit of lateral thought.  I would love one for the
mailscanner.conf file though.

Gavin

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content
by the Netergy Virus Spam Defence, and is believed to be clean.
For details on having your email scanned email nvsd at netergy.com