Web Interface

Gavin Nelmes-Crocker gavin at NETERGY.COM
Wed Dec 18 16:38:35 GMT 2002

> Is your interface mainly for editing MailScanner.conf or will it also
> allow you to edit rules files, etc.?
>
> Are you going to try and allow an email user to modify their settings?
> Settings being: viruscan, spam filter, spam score, spam action, etc.

what we have done for the virusscan rules and others is use a mysql
database - put a php frontend and then use some php running as cron jobs to
create the actual files from the database then do a Mailscanner reload and
its all updated.  I suppose you could do the same the mailscanner config but
it would be a long winded way of doing it as there is lots of stuff that you
never change.

Regards

Gavin

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content
by the Netergy Virus Spam Defence, and is believed to be clean.
For details on having your email scanned email nvsd at netergy.com