<<<No Message Collected>>> NOW FIXED!

Spicer, Kevin Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK
Wed Dec 18 15:14:42 GMT 2002

> This blurb got me to staring at my sendmail PrivacyOption settings.
> I changed from "goaway,restrictqrun" to
> "goaway,restrictqrun,restrictmailq,noetrn,noreceipts" as a
> result (I've been trying to kill DSNs, hence the noreciepts too).
> I also realized that the default for sendmail 8.12.6 is a weak
> "authwarnings", so I sent in a bug report to sendmail requesting
> that they boost their default to at least "goaway" and maybe to
> "goaway,restrictqrun,restrictmailq,noetrn".  Their website also
> needs an FAQ on what the different options do.  Good work on
> the topic below!

Yes thats what I use too (except the noreceipts).  It really is worth taking a good look through sendmail.mc and looking up every option you don't recognise.  I found that the default sendmail.mc supplied with my Mandrake packages contained all sorts of stuff that wasn't needed and was possibly objectionable (for example, relay based on MX, which I have say I consider a very undesirable thing to do).
I find the README file in /usr/share/sendmail-cf invaluable, but even that misses some stuff (like the noetrn option).

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk +44 (0)20 8566 5000

This message (and any attachment) is intended only for the recipient and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender and delete this message immediately. Disclosure, copying or other action taken in respect of this email or in reliance on it is prohibited. BMRB International Limited accepts no liability in relation to any personal emails, or content of any email which does not directly relate to our business.