<<<No Message Collected>>> NOW FIXED!

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Wed Dec 18 15:01:52 GMT 2002

Hi,

This blurb got me to staring at my sendmail PrivacyOption settings.
I changed from "goaway,restrictqrun" to
"goaway,restrictqrun,restrictmailq,noetrn,noreceipts" as a
result (I've been trying to kill DSNs, hence the noreciepts too).
I also realized that the default for sendmail 8.12.6 is a weak
"authwarnings", so I sent in a bug report to sendmail requesting
that they boost their default to at least "goaway" and maybe to
"goaway,restrictqrun,restrictmailq,noetrn".  Their website also
needs an FAQ on what the different options do.  Good work on
the topic below!

Jeff A. Earickson, Ph.D
Senior UNIX Sysadmin and Email Guru
Information Technology Services