RamDisk

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at civ.utwente.nl
Wed Dec 18 13:09:08 GMT 2002

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 14:08:45 +0000, you wrote:

>> Correct, the one I saw in the magazine had it's own power supply.  We are in
>> a datacenter with dual power grids to the building, redundent UPS systems
>> for entire building with a generator outside.
>> So power shouldn't be an issue anyway :o)
>
>"When a fail-safe system fails, it fails by failing to fail safe."

On the 20th of november our fail-safe system operated perfectly. But
there where no more systems to safe because our complete
computerbuilding burned down.

And still while the building is demolished you can see one little red
light shining on the generator indicating the battery is operational.

--
Peter Peters
senior netwerkbeheerder,  Centrum voor Informatievoorziening,