Transparently disinfecting attachments

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Dec 17 18:47:24 GMT 2002

At 17:15 17/12/2002, you wrote:
>I may be missing something obvious, but with MailScanner 4.10-1 and
>f-prot, is there any way to disinfect a file (e.g. a word document) and
>put it back into the email rather than emailing the disinfected one
>seperately?
>
>(hope I made enough sense then :)

I intentionally didn't do this. I'm not sure entirely why, but I did have a
very good reason at the time. For one thing it makes management aware that
MailScanner has fixed the problem for them, and advertising gently to one's
PHBs is usually a good idea, makes them want to carry on paying you :-)
--
Julian Field