RamDisk

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at civ.utwente.nl
Tue Dec 17 12:36:36 GMT 2002

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:40:27 -0500, you wrote:

>I had an idea earlier about possibly using some sort of ramdisk to handle
>the mailscanning and mailq items.

Allthough most systems are reliable enough and with no-break systems one
would keep a system up for years. But when something happens you would
lose everything in the queue.

I have been wondering also because I know somebody who delivers very
small computersystems running on flashcards. These (the versions with 3
LAN's) are installed as firewall. But there are also versions with 1 LAN
and those would be perfect for an application level firewall (which I
believe MS is) if one could keep the queue to a minimal (=0) size.

--
Peter Peters
senior netwerkbeheerder,  Centrum voor Informatievoorziening,