Feature Request - Include: <file>

Derek Winkler dwinkler at ALGORITHMICS.COM
Mon Dec 16 20:51:58 GMT 2002

I've given this some consideration and one of the problems with cat'ing the
files together is timing.

I don't know when exactly to do it so that when MS is started it gets the
most recent versions.

If I cat the files together every x minutes, I could miss out on just under
x minutes worth of updates when MS restarts.

The beauty of the Include parameter is that when MS restarts it grabs the
latest versions, whether it was restarted via the operator, the cron entry
or the automatic restart.

Hope I've made my case for the Include feature but if not will start
cat'ing.

Thanks,

Derek Winkler
Security Administrator