filename scanning by domain

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Dec 16 19:08:13 GMT 2002

At 18:41 16/12/2002, you wrote:
>Any way to turn off filename scanning for a particular domain?  I have tried
>using the whitelist, but that has no effect on filename scanning.

Create a filename rules file that just contains
allow   $       -       -
and create a ruleset that points to this file just for this domain, and
uses a default filename.rules.conf file for everyone else.

>A particular customer get's .bat files from an automated system, but I want
>to reject it for everyone else.  Thanks.

In which case, you don't want the filename rules file above, you want a
copy of the normal one but with 1 extra filename rule at the top
allow   \.bat$  -       -

--
Julian Field