<<<No Message Collected>>> [Was Re: SYSERR(root): readqf: cannot open ./df*]

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Dec 16 18:28:48 GMT 2002

At 16:15 16/12/2002, you wrote:

> > What happens if you reduce the maximum batch size to 50 messages?
> > What %-age of messages going through the gateway do you
> > actually scan? All
> > of them or only a small %-age?
> >
> > Trying that now.. It is
> > Max safe messages per scan & max unsafe messages per scan
> > isn't it? (set these to 50 & 10 respectively)
>
>That made no difference, still getting errors.

Could you possibly send me some of the sets of headers of these messages
with no body, so I can see if there is anything in common between them. Are
they always from messages that had viruses in them or anything like that?
I'm having difficulty in finding anything that could go wrong causing the
df file to be missing, and not log any errors when this happens.

Just for confirmation (and to save me hunting) what OS are you running?
--
Julian Field