Annoyance

Stijn Jonker SJCJonker at SJC.NL
Fri Dec 13 04:47:53 GMT 2002

Julian and others,

It's a known issue with openssh see: http://www.openssh.org/faq.html#3.10

Although it doesn't explain it in the FAQ I remeber (but aren't sure for a
100%) that it has to do with the background process still having the
pty/pts/tty (Whatever it's called these days) open for either input or
output.

I didn't have time to look at/test the patch, but yes it happens here also
;-) It seems like a lot of other perl daemon type programs have troubles
with this also.

I just learned to do a <return> ~ . and voila ssh disconnects...

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Julian Field wrote:

> Please try applying the attached patch to your /usr/sbin/MailScanner script.
>
> Please can some non-Linux users try the patch as well: for example I'm
> concerned what Solaris will make of it.
>
> If you try it, whatever the results, please let me know what happened.
>
> At 22:13 12/12/2002, you wrote:
> >Sounds like I need to take a look at the daemonising code. It's hardly a
> >big problem, so it's not very high priority. But I will take a look.
> >
> >At 21:55 12/12/2002, you wrote:
> >>Hi!

> >>Its not screen related, i have this with plain ssh sessions.
> >>
> >>Bye,
> >>Raymond.
> >
> >--
> >Julian Field
> >www.MailScanner.info
> >MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support

- --
Met Vriendelijke groet/Yours Sincerely
Stijn Jonker <SJCJonker at sjc.nl>

- --
Outlook Express is actually an incredibly effective virus distribution system which only pretends to be an email program.
[by Eric Lee]