Duplicate messages on this list?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Dec 11 14:29:16 GMT 2002

At 14:40 11/12/2002, you wrote:
>On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Jason Cormie wrote:
> > I think its safe to say we are all getting them...
>
>Oh yeah.
>
> > and they are all signed with this:
> >
> > This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by
> > MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses
> > ****************************************************************
>
>Egads!  Competiting software has added a feature to spam the mailscanner
>lists to slow down Julian's maniacal progress.  How should we retaliate?
>;)

It wouldn't be the first dumb-ass relay I've seen that uses the headers and
not the envelope address. One of our big University-wide lists got hit by
this a few months back, it spewed over 100,000 messages before it was stopped.

But CT really should know better. I knew their software was overpriced
****, but I didn't think it was *that* broken :-(
--
Julian Field