[Fwd: Rejected posting to MAILSCANNER@JISCMAIL.AC.UK]

Gerry Doris gerry at dorfam.ca
Wed Dec 11 13:03:08 GMT 2002

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Rejected posting to MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
From: "L-Soft list server at JISCMAIL (1.8e)" <LISTSERV at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Date: Wed, December 11, 2002 4:59 am
To: Gerry Doris <gerry at DORFAM.CA>

Your message  is being returned to  you unprocessed because it  appears
to have already  been distributed  to the  MAILSCANNER list.  That is,
a message  with identical text  (but possibly with different  mail
headers) has been  posted to the list recently, either by you or by
someone else. If you have a good reason to resend this message to the
list (for instance because you have been notified of a hardware failure
with loss of  data), please alter the text of the message in some way
and  resend it to the list. Note that  altering the "Subject:" line or
adding blank  lines at the top  or bottom of the message  is not
sufficient; you should  instead add a  sentence or  two at the  top
explaining why  you are resending the  message, so that the  other
subscribers understand why  they are getting two copies of the same
message.

******

Hmmm, I could have sworn that I saw two messages I sent to the list appear
at two different times.  The first time just after I sent them around noon
yesterday and then again early this morning???  And then I got this
message??

I had my server totally crash due to pilot error on Saturday and I had to
rebuild the damn thing.  I haven't noticed any other double postings of my
messages.  Could this have been caused by a MailScanner server burp or do
I have more work to do at my end???

Gerry