Custom Config questions

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Dec 10 23:00:27 GMT 2002

At 22:48 10/12/2002, you wrote:
>         Is there any definitive list of what config options can not be a
> rules
>list or custom function and can only be a value?

The ones that can only be a simple value are:

debug
deliverinbackground
logspam
expandtnef
scannedmodifysubject
spamassassinautowhitelist
storeentireasdfqf
incomingworkdir
lockfiledir
pidfile
spamassassinprefsfile
SpamListDefinitions
VirusScannerDefinitions
Children
MaxUnscannedBytes
MaxUnscannedMessages
MaxDirtyBytes
MaxDirtyMessages
MaxSpamAssassinTimeouts
MaxSpamAssassinSize
RestartEvery
SpamListTimeout
SpamAssassinTimeout
VirusScannerTimeout
TNEFTimeout
inqueuedir
LockType
LogFacility
MinimumCodeStatus
MTA
RunAsUser
RunAsGroup
SpamStarsCharacter
TNEFExpander
VirusScanners

Note that those names are the "internal" names and not the "external" names
used in the MailScanner.conf file. If you can't find the appropriate
setting in the MailScanner.conf file, then look it up in the translation
table at the start of ConfigDefs.pl.

>         I've searched over the site and looked at all the documentation you
>have.  Looking through the ConfigDefs.pl file has told me all the values
>you are supporting and their default value, but I wasn't able to tell if
>you specified whether or not they couldn't be a rules or custom
>function.

They are all the [Simple,*] values.

>   I noticed while scanning the Config.pm module that some of
>your setup methods could specify not to allow a rules definition, but it
>looks like you can always specify a custom function?

That is strictly true, but it's not supported and I can't predict what (if
any) results you will get if you try to use a Custom Function for a
"Simple" setting listed above. Please don't do it, the behaviour may well
change in future versions.

>         The reason I'm asking is I'm trying to work on my configuration
> backend
>api and what data I'm going to need to store for each of the supported
>config options that an end user may want to modify for their email.

Keep up the good work!
--
Julian Field

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses