[Fwd: Re: Announce: mailscanner-mrtg new version 0.02]

Gerry Doris gerry at DORFAM.CA
Tue Dec 10 20:23:59 GMT 2002

I had a couple of questions on the graphs that are produced by this
package...

1. I noticed that the graphs for both the instances of sendmail and
mailscanner show an extra instance running than I expected.  At 8:30am and
2:00pm today my server seems to have had two instances of sendmail running
(I expected only one) and at 1:00pm today there were 7 instances of
mailscanner (I expected 6).  These extra instances only showed up for
their respective sample periods.  The total instances immediately dropped
back to the expected levels.  Why is this happening?

2. There is a line graph overlaid on top of the Memory Daily Graph.  What
is this showing?

Gerry

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses