Announce: mailscanner-mrtg new version 0.02

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Mon Dec 9 10:24:40 GMT 2002

It's a really great package, works right out of the box :) :)

By looking at the comments in the config file it looks like the maillog is
being scanned for e-mails from that day. Would it be possible to add an
hourly stat, a bit traffic like from which you can see how much mail gets
delivered at which time (a graph that doesn't display a sum of all e-mails
only the actual number of mails processed per time frame).

Would also make it easier to spot any peak hours and see whether the
server is up to it's task :)

On Sun, 8 Dec 2002, Dale Lovelace wrote:

>   Thanks to everyone who sent in a suggestion or a fix. I have put
> together a lot of those suggestions and (I think) all of the fixes
> people have sent me. Here is the changelog for version 0.02:
>
> 0.02    Add this changelog :-)
>         Add GPL text to the top of /usr/sbin/mailscanner-mrtg
>         Add descriptions to files in incoming and outgoing queue MRTG
> pages
>         Change Virii legend from "percentage" to "virii"
>         More comments in /usr/sbin/mailscanner-mrtg
>         Changed the way I match rejects from sendmail
>                 was /reject=550/ now /reject=55\d/
>                 thanks to Mike Kercher for this tip!
>         Changed the virus regex to /found (/d+) viruses/ from
>                 /found (/d+) viruses in/
>                 thanks to Richard Lynch for this tip!
>         Added some more to the README doc
>         Added a <TITLE> to the MRTG index page
>         Added config file options to allow you to scan your entire
>                 maillog file instead of just entries from today
>                 Scan Entire Mail Log, Scan Entire Spam Log,
>                 and Scan Entire Virus Log
>         Changed the GetUpTime sub to work when uptime < 1 day
>                 Thanks to Kris Stumpner for this tip!
>         Changed the mailscanner-mrtg-cfg MRTG config file
>                 s/Interval: 300/Interval: 5/
>                 Thanks to Kris Stumpner for this tip!
>         Add mailscanner-mrtg.include to the end of Apache's httpd.conf
>                 so Virtual Websites can see these results
>                 Thanks to Mike Kercher for this tip!
>         Add INSTALL-TARGZ file in docs for installing from a tarball
>
> 0.01  First release i.e. EVERYTHING is new :-)
>
>   Once again this is located at http://mailscanner-mrtg.netfirms.com/
>
>   Thanks again to everyone who is helping me improve this. Suggestions
> (and especially patches :-) are always very very welcome!
>
>   Thanks!
>   Dale Lovelace

believed to be clean.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses