file descriptors on FreeBSD

Craig Bates c.bates at COMNET.CO.NZ
Mon Dec 9 23:09:56 GMT 2002

I have the same problem on two servers.  One has 1GB of Ram and the other
128MB of RAM.  I've pumped 4000 emails through the 128MB box at a one second
interval without problems.   ....but a few hours later it developed problems.
The 1GB RAM box is still being build and has only local email and it has
problems too.   So it seems that is it the length of time mailscanner has
being running, not how much it is doing.   (at least that is how it appears)