file descriptors on FreeBSD

Craig Bates c.bates at COMNET.CO.NZ
Mon Dec 9 19:34:32 GMT 2002

Mike,

Your suggestion seemed to solve the problem for about 6 hours and now it is
doing the same thing again:(  I also rebooted the box after I made the
changes.  MailScanner processes are also dying again.  So I'm sure that the
problem of MailScanner dying and Sendmail complaining are one and the same
problem.

Julian, maybe MailScanner should do the same checks that Sendmail does when it
starts (would make it easier to debug).

Is it possible that something is using up resources and after a few hours,
nothing is left?

Thanks

Craig