Base64.pm

Michael Janssen Janssen at RZ.UNI-FRANKFURT.DE
Thu Dec 5 20:55:12 GMT 2002

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002, Lewis Bergman wrote:

> Hase anyone else seen the below error message sent to standard out (console)?
>
>  Premature padding of base64 data at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/MIME/Decoder/Base64.pm line 109.

I've seen this before, but unsure if it was MS related. It means that the
padding character "=" (to archive complete four-character-sets) occours
erroneos on the first or second character of a set (due to incomplete
transmission or to Mr Klez sending us incomplete Attachments, I
believe).

I believe that perl is handling this without much harm: it's more a
warning than an error. You find some more details inside the given
perl-modul or it's related manpage (MIME::Base64).

regards
Michael