4.10-1 Upgrade Feedback

Nerijus Baliunas nerijus at USERS.SOURCEFORGE.NET
Thu Dec 5 18:06:34 GMT 2002

On Thu, 5 Dec 2002 17:45:25 +0000 Julian Field <mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK> wrote:

> >I also don't like it. Maybe it's better to use another rpm
> >(antivirus-update-scripts.rpm)
> >for that?
>
> The first thing the Sophos cron script does is check that Sophos is
> actually installed. It exits immediately if it isn't installed. So what's
> wrong with just leaving it there? I can't see it does any harm. I agree it
> wastes about a millisecond of CPU once per day, but that's hardly the end
> of the world.

It's more about clean system, but anyway, it doesn't do any harm really.
May I suggest to include quarantine cleaning script in cron.daily then,
but with actual cleaning command commented out? It won't do any harm
also.

Regards,
Nerijus