4.10-1 Upgrade Feedback

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Dec 5 17:45:25 GMT 2002

At 16:17 05/12/2002, you wrote:
>On Thu, 5 Dec 2002 10:25:51 -0500 Gerry Doris <gerry at dorfam.ca> wrote:
>
> > The only minor problem I have is that I always forget to remove the Sophos
> > entry in cron.daily since I only run F-Prot.
>
>I also don't like it. Maybe it's better to use another rpm
>(antivirus-update-scripts.rpm)
>for that?

The first thing the Sophos cron script does is check that Sophos is
actually installed. It exits immediately if it isn't installed. So what's
wrong with just leaving it there? I can't see it does any harm. I agree it
wastes about a millisecond of CPU once per day, but that's hardly the end
of the world.
--
Julian Field