4.10-1 Upgrade Feedback

Gerry Doris gerry at dorfam.ca
Thu Dec 5 15:25:51 GMT 2002

I downloaded and installed the tar/rpm file for Redhat last night.  This
was an upgrade from the last version (4-9.3??).  It went in and ran
without problems.  I just had to edit the MailScanner.conf.rpmnew file,
rename it, and restart mailscanner.  This is on a Redhat 7.3 server.

The only minor problem I have is that I always forget to remove the Sophos
entry in cron.daily since I only run F-Prot.

BTW, I also updated the F-Prot program as the same time.  The rpm that I
downloaded said it was 312c, the code installed said it was 312b, and the
change doc said it was 312a...but it works!

Feeling the stars were in alignment I also ran the new update to
SquirrelMail (webmail server).  It also installed without problems.  Today
I'm going to buy lottery tickets!

Gerry