RBL checks and Spamcop

Matt hciss at HCIWS.COM
Sun Dec 1 20:55:44 GMT 2002

> Is anyone here using SpamCop's blocking list?  If so, is it reasonable to
> assume that I could quarantine all mail that gets into SpamCop's list,
> rather than accepting MailScanner's default of prefixing the Subject with
> {SPAM?}?  If so, it would be helpful to my users and worth donating.

I think it is much better to bounce then just quarantine the messages.  If
it does get a false positive at least the sender will know that something
went wrong and the message failed to go through.  Tagging is a good option
for power users but your typical user just gets annoyed and never figures it
out. We block in sendmail.cf with Spamcop and Ordb with decent results.

Matt